Today I have a nice little London address to share with you. You, who are coming to London to visit and want to come back with cool souvenirs. You, who want to decorate your flat with trendy objects. Don’t bother going to Cool Britannia on Piccadilly Circus and instead, head off to We Built This City on Carnaby Street. I discovered this new address by random during one of my walks in Soho and I really got hooked by the concept! Inside, you will find lots of objects, cards, clothes or posters and prints, most of them London or British themed; but, instead of them being “Made in China” or for you to find out that you have the same mug as your desk neighbour who went to London ten years ago ;), you will find local trendy brands or independent designers creations. I took a couple of picture of the store to give you an idea of the atmosphere and I have done a quick selection of some of the products you can find there.
We Built This City
56 Carnaby Street
W1F 9QF London
– Rosy Lee Tea teas
– Hoxton Street Monster Supplies marmelades and jams with “appetising” names 🙂 I haven’t had the opportunity to try all these yet so feel free to let me know what you think about them!
The pop-up cards from Paper Tango, the more humorous ones from Kay Barker and the labyrinth ones of This City Works. The later, that I had previously spotted at the Renegade Craft Fair (see my post here), have actually decorated the store front.
– The posters and prints from Rugman, Fox And Velvet, Bold & Noble, Kristjana S Williams and Alfred & Wilde
– The funky leather clutch little bags from Natthakur and the “generous” socks of Jollie Goods
– The illustrated cups of Jimbobart and Alfred & Wilde
To visit London:
– The crumpled card easy to carry around from Palomar
Very often, new artists and niche brands are joining the selection such as i am a recently. They also have a few Tatty Devine creations which I had told you about here. I hope you enjoyed discovering this trendy souvenir shop! Follow me on Facebook and Instagram to discover more about my little world!
Have a nice day!