I have never been to Sub-saharan Africa and don’t know much about that part of the world so when I came across Jimani Collections and the work they do in Kenya, I wanted to know more about it! To get us started I thought it would be great to share with you some inspirations which I have put together a Pinterest board from which the below pictures come from. You can really see the variety of the landscapes as well as the beauty of the flora and fauna. I was also very inspired by the charisma of the people and the colourful traditional costumes.
I have also curated for you a selection of photographers, bloggers and Instagram accounts to get you started in your discovery:
– Angola: the Instagramer @jessartes
– Ghana: the beautiful black and white portraits and landscapes of Ghanaian photographer Eric Gyamfi
– Kenya: the Instagramer @farahkhad
– Nigeria: the Instagramer @logorofafrica
– Senegal: the photographic diary of Freya Dowson during her trip and the Instagram account of @dakarlives
– Tanzania: the trip to Tanzania of the bloggers The Brunette and Deedee
– Zimbabwe: the Zimbabwe based photographer and videographer Steven Chikosi
– Photographers collectives: the African Photography Network, Instagram accounts of @everydayafrica and @tripinafrica
– The beautiful wildlife photographies of @brianscott_photography
Have a nice day!